Loan File Review and Due Diligence
Cognitive Options Group, LLC brings objective and transparent financial asset analysis to buyers and sellers. Due diligence is a critical part of the transaction process-and accurate and updated loan data is the basis for the best decisions. Combining our nationwide network of veteran loan underwriting professionals, innovative software, and our strategic alliance with a nationally recognized asset valuation-consulting firm, we provide clients with comprehensive and multi-dimensional reporting that clearly identifies problem areas, and can value your whole loan portfolio, mortgage servicing rights, and bonds.
We work with our client’s to design customized solutions for their specific needs.
We deliver solutions that include
- Data Integrity checks with advanced filtering and stratification tools
- Data verification against source documents
- Customized credit review by re-underwriting each loan to any number of guidelines with re-calculation of income, asset, and debt ratios
- Legal and credit document review and analysis
- Forensic audit services
- Property evaluation with BPOs and Home Price Index roll-forward analysis
- Pre- and Post-Close Quality Control reviews
Our Innovative Software Technology boasts
- Secure web-based access to a centrally-controlled due diligence system
- Hundreds of underwriters can simultaneously access
- Multiple product capability (prime, sub-prime, FHA, commercial)
- Tailored to meet client specific goals for capturing data and reporting due diligence results
- Integrated with legal compliance services to provide regulatory compliance verification
- Capability to transfer loan data captured during due diligence to a proprietary loan pricing tool for an independent valuation of whole loans, MSRs, and mortgage-backed securities
Cognitive Options Group, LLC professionals have been involved in all aspects of mortgage banking. Our Executives have held senior positions in some of the largest financial institutions and mortgage banking companies in the United States. Our goal is to help our clients succeed.
Complicated disputes need clear problem definition, analysis, and explanation. The right voice can help to save time, money, and reputations. We help to find the answers you need – good and bad – so you can prepare your most effective case strategy.
Today’s challenging financial climate has brought increased scrutiny, litigation and special investigations to every segment of the financial services industry. Cognitive Option’s team of experienced professionals has decades of experience originating, buying, selling, securitizing and servicing assets. Combined with market knowledge and innovative analytic tools, we have the foundation and ability to assess the fact patterns of transactions and determine the merits of certain elements of a case.
- Residential Mortgage File Due Diligence
- Distressed and Performing Asset Valuation
- Historic Back-Testing and Projections under Alternative Economic Stress Scenarios
- Policy and Procedures Reviews
- Best Practices Analysis
We have expert experience in
- Lending Practices Disputes
- Servicing Practices and Cost Disputes
- Repurchase Disputes -Early Payment Defaults, Rep/Warranty Violations
- Structured Credit Products Disputes
- Regulatory Compliance Disputes
- Federal Court Cases
- State Court Cases
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Forums
Our team of professionals provides
- Expert Reports
- Rebuttal Reports
- Trial Testimony
Cognitive Options Group, LLC has worked on some of the largest and most complicated mortgage banking disputes and investigations.
Rating Agency and FNMA, FHLMC, HUD and VA Seller and Servicer Approvals
Cognitive Options has the expertise to assist you to obtain both lending and rating agency approvals. We will assess your current loan programs to ensure compliance with FNMA, FHLMC, and FHA guidelines and audit readiness. We will conduct a process audit of your servicing practices for compliance with FNMA, FHLMC, and FHA guidelines. We will recommend appropriate steps and help you implement the processes, and procedures to obtain FNMA, FHLMC, HUD, and VA approval to originate, sell, securitize, and service residential mortgage loans. We also know the similarities and differences between the three primary rating agencies, and help our clients to understand and implement procedures to support rating agencies evaluations. Cognitive Options will conduct an extensive pre-evaluation of the servicing operation and provide specific, detailed recommendations for improvements to ensure the operation receives desired agency approvals and/or rating. We help you prepare for the on-site review that include assistance to prepare the presentation and work with your employees to achieve a successful dry run of the presentation. Our mission is to help you get the required approvals and rating the first time through.